Sunday, May 31, 2009

Work In Progress: First Baptist Church Jackson, MS

This is a painting of First Baptist Church in Jackson, MS that I have been working on for about a month now. A lot of people have asked to see what my paintings look like before they are complete, so here are a few different shots along the way.


This is the first step of the painting, where I sketch my lines in oil. I let my canvas dry after each step before I move on.


This is kind of rough-in stage, where I'm trying to get a lot of texture on the canvas.


Now it's starting to take shape, and you can see more shading and depth in the painting. At this point, I'm probably a little over halfway done.

I'll try and keep you posted on this one as I move along so that you can see how a painting comes together from start to finish. At some point I will do a work-in-progress post featuring one of my more abstract paintings as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment